Whilst the snow is still white and crisp, dust off those sledges and hit the slopes of Hitchin and beyond!
Here’s where you can go to sledge in and around Hitchin, Hertfordshire. If you’re favourite isn’t listed, let me know at email@example.com
1. Windmill Hill, Hitchin, Hertfordshire
In the heart of our town this is guaranteed to be packed if there’s a snow day! Great fun although beware of the drain cover on the way down – and the main road at the bottom too!
2. St John’s Road Playing Fields, Hitchin, Hertfordshire
A little slope perfect for the little ones to get their first sledging in. Also a huge playing field so lots of snowman making potential too…
3. Pinehill Park, Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Nice easy slopes on Pinehill fields for beginners or those not wanting to hurtle into Queen Street from Windmill Hill!
4. Stanborough Park, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Lots of space for the whole family to go sledging at Stanborough Lakes across this 126 acre park with a cafe to warm up in afterwards too.
5. Therfield Heath, Royston, Hertfordshire
Fantastic family sledding down this wide, open land on the outskirts of Royston.
6. Pegsdon Hills, Hitchin, Hertfordshire & Barton Hills, Bedfordshire
These hills are not for the faint-hearted but worth it for the spectacular views! Enjoy this beautiful part of the Chilterns but beware the wild ponies and the odd sheep or two that might get in your way.
7. Blow’s Downs, Dunstable, Bedfordshire
The Dunstable Downs are sure to be busy if the snow arrives in our region. We hear that Blow’s Downs are the best to be had in the area – relatively quiet but steep hills mean you can definitely get up some speed! Stunning views to be had too.