Perfect entertainment for the whole family this Easter at Willows Activity Farm with an Easter Egg Hunt PLUS two new attractions for 2018!
Willows Activity Farm is already home to the fantastic Peter Rabbit Adventure Playground as well as fun fair rides, inflatables, tractor rides, a jam packed entertainment programme and a ton of indoor fun.
There is something new to explore every time we visit Willows Activity Farm – a new attraction, a seasonal event or just something we ran out of time to do on our last visit! Here’s what to check out this Easter…
Mr Tod’s Lair
This is one of the first outdoor attractions you reach at Willows Actvity Farm and my two wasted no time in exploring this new addition!
Hidden in the hillside there are several exits and entrances to Mr Tod’s Lair (cue me losing my oldest daughter and husband on various occasions). Climb in to Mr Tod’s cooking pot, peer out of the look out spot or scurry along a tunnel to make your escape!
Super Secret Squirrel Nutkin Test
Next to Mr Tod’s Lair is the Super Secret Squirrel Nutkin Test, a collection of a play equipment including a wobbly bridge, nets, small roundabout, zip wire and jumping challenge as well as the fabulous Squirrel Nutkin Treehouse.
My youngest, aged 2.5, loved exploring the smaller play equipment, although as it’s so open I had to keep an eye on her as she kept wandering off to the next “test” before I could catch up. My 4 year old spent ages climbing, sliding and letting her imagination run wild in the Treehouse. Great fun for both.
Tasty scents of freshly cooked doughnuts waft over from a nearby treat stop – be warned, they were very hard to resist!
Easter Egg Garden
From 24th March – 15th April 2018 it’s Easter Eggstravanganza and there’s a whole host of special events including an Easter Egg Garden. Meet the Easter Bunny herself between 11.00am and 11.20am and get involved in the egg hunt too.
Find the wooden eggs to claim your chocolate prize!
Meet the baby animals
Spring has sprung and there were lots of baby animals to greet on our visit. We saw baby chicks, piglets, leaping pygmy goats and a few lambs too.
There’s also a Meet the Baby Animals show at the Farmyard, although we missed it this time as we were watching the Squirrel Nutkin Show!
We did get to pet the guinea pigs though who were a firm favourite of both my daughters.
And the rest…
No two visit to Willows Activity Farm are ever the same.
We had to visit Peter Rabbit’s Adventure Playground, which is still one of my favourite attractions, and ride the tractor of course.
However, today was a bit cold and a bit miserable so after our tractor ride with hid in the warmth for some soft play, insane vertical slides and some make believe play in Cotton Tail’s Village. And hot cups of coffee for us parents.
For less than perfect days there’s arts and crafts and the JCB Young Driver’s Zone too.
Whether rain or shine, however, it’s impossible to run out of things to do at Willows Activity Farm. Children and parents alike were happy but totally exhausted at the end of our visit.
We can’t wait to visit for the next event!
- Willows Activity Farm is just off Junction 22 of the M25 near St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL4 0PF.
- The farm is open daily throughout the year from 10.00am to 5.30pm.
- You can get the best value tickets by booking in advance online.
- There are lots of places to get a bite to eat or a drink, however, picnics are welcome and there are lots of picnic areas available including covered ones.
- There are soft play area for different age groups as well as vertical slides. You must be over 0.9m to go on these and have legs and arms covered (yes, even in Summer!).
- All activities are included on the farm including the fun fair rides, bouncy castles and slide and tractor rides. Make sure you plan your day carefully though to get the best value from your visit. You can view the programme online before you go.