Great day out with the kids this Autumn at Willows Activity Farm with a Potato Shindig until 29th September too!
Willows Activity Farm is a jam-packed family attraction just down the road in London Colney. It includes the Peter Rabbit Adventure Playground, fun fair rides, inflatables, tractor rides, an entertainment programme and a ton of indoor fun.
There are regular seasonal events at Willows and until 29th September 2019 it’s the Potato Shindig! We went to check it out…
Bouncing, sliding and guinea pig cuddling
We’ve been to Willows a several times over the past few years and even when we’ve arrived at opening time, we’ve never made it round all the activities on offer!
My kids have their favourite things to see and do – starting with the slides and bouncy castles!
There are two bouncy castles – one for children under 90cm and one for those over. There’s also a bouncy slide and individual trampolines. What I love most about this area though is that I can sit down and watch whilst staff supervise it – brilliant!
The fairground rides are another favourite!
There are only two – and they’re really for younger children – but my two absolutely love them. Best of all you don’t have to pay extra so when they ask to go on them again and again and again there’s no problem!
Our trip to Willows is never complete without a cuddle of a guinea pig or two (we’ve got Cookie and Monster in this photo 💕)
Animal handling takes place in the Animal Barn and is supervised by friendly staff. It runs all day on weekends and regular intervals on weekdays.
The Animal Barn is a fantastic place to get up close to the farm animals including this baby Pygmy goat! We also saw some cute ducklings and baby guinea pigs too.
There are also plenty of animals feeding opportunities including the cows, shire horses, and goats.
This September, every child ticket includes a free bag of potatoes – the only catch is you have to dig them up yourself!
You are supplied with a fork for grown ups and little buckets and spades for the little ones to gather up their harvest. The ground was pretty easy to dig – no sweats broken – but we had lots of fun potato hunting!
This is just a snippet of what’s on offer at Willow’s Activity Farm.
There are always seasonal events running in additional to the regular activities on offer so it’s worth checking online if you’re planning a visit.
We had a fantastic time and will be back again soon!
- Willows Activity Farm is just off Junction 22 of the M25 near St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL4 0PF.
- The farm is open daily throughout the year from 10.00am to 5.30pm.
- You can get the best value tickets by booking in advance online.
- There are lots of places to get a bite to eat or a drink, however, picnics are welcome and there are lots of picnic areas available including covered ones.
- There are soft play area for different age groups as well as vertical slides. You must be over 0.9m to go on these and have legs and arms covered (yes, even in Summer!).
- All activities are included on the farm including the fun fair rides, bouncy castles and slide and tractor rides. Make sure you plan your day carefully though to get the best value from your visit. You can view the programme online before you go.